|Headquarters||Tukwila, Washington, United States|
|Benson Porter (CEO)
Michael Sweeney, Chairman of Board of Directors
|Products||Savings; checking; consumer loans; mortgages; credit cards; online banking|
Number of employees
|1,248 as of 2014|
BECU is a credit union originally established to serve employees of The Boeing Company. BECU was founded as Fellowship Credit Union in 1935 by 18 Boeing employees, and was named Boeing Employees' Credit Union for much of its history. Based in Tukwila, Washington, BECU has over $12 billion in assets and over 1,000,000 members, making it the largest credit union in Washington and fourth largest in the United States. Benson Porter is the current President and CEO.
BECU has over 45 locations throughout the Puget Sound region and two locations in Spokane. Originally, BECU was only open to past and present employees of the Boeing Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates, BECU itself, and the Museum of Flight. In 2002, membership was opened to all Washington state residents and their family members.
On November 2, 2017, BECU changed its logo, replacing the 'cursive E' logo that had been used by the company since the late 1980s, with a sans-serifed logo.
- "BECU RECOGNIZES 2016 AS A YEAR OF COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS AND 1 MILLION MEMBERS". BECU. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "The top 50 U.S. Credit Unions". Credit Union Access. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "BECU Fast Facts". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Executive Management Team". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "BECU Expands Financial Services in Eastern Washington with North Spokane Location". BECU. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "BECU Join Today". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|